Friday 24 July 2009

Friday before

Well done Mark Cavendish!! Back to packing ...

I've done most of it. I'll check everything tomorrow and then load the car.

It was strange saying goodbye to work colleagues. It was as if I was going on a 6 month sabbatical, but I'll be back in a week. Quite strange also answering "What are you doing this weekend?" questions from people who don't know I'm doing LEL.

"I'm going to Scotland."
"Whereabouts are you staying?".
"I'm not"....

.... quite a conversation stopper!

Received loads of texts/email/calls/cards from friends and family to wish a good journey. Really appreciate it!

I am really, really looking forward to it now. The YAC forum has helped enormously. Around 60 YACFers are doing LEL, probably 30 of those I know by name and quite a few by person from previous Audaxes (especially the BCM). Can't imagine pre-internet/forum days, where you'd turn up and see what happens. Looking forward to meeting the Belgians also. I've brought my flag from work, can double up as a blanket.



So, I'll say my goodbyes for now. See you in Twitter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wat een charmante foto... klaar voor de aanval (ze zullen hem/haar niet temmen!)
Stel het zeeeeeeeer goed!!!
meim en peip xxx xxx

Kris said...

Amai amai, wat zie je er top uit!
Het lijkt alsof je naar de olympische spelen vertrekt!
Als je LEL in 116 uur fietst,krijg je zeker een trofee of zo??
Of een diploma, medaille of getuigschrift?
Van mij krijg je de prijs van de best voorbereidde en gemotiveerde deelneemster!!xxx