Saturday 18 July 2009

This time next week...

This time next week I'll be getting ready to go to the start. Gulp. I'm ready though, and the buzz is hotting up on YACF.

Have set up Twitter. I hope to have time to send a couple of messages - don't count on it! My account is http://twitter.com/swarm_catcher, but if you use this link #LEL search, then you'll see all LEL related message. So, even if I don't get to send many updates, you will be able to gather from the other posts what is happening. For example you might read "its raining and I'm pleased I've finished for the day - by ANOther". Then you'll know that I'll still be cycling ... in the rain. Or may be on a brighter note: "Caught up with swarm_catcher and life-of-brian at lunch time - by BNOther". That would mean I'm not doing badly and I have company!

In fact, RichForrest's comment on my blog during the BCM, is exactly what Twitter enables. He had written: "Hope you finished, last saw you leaving Kings YH."

The weather forecast is not looking too bad, except for Tuesday, which is the hilly day. I'll be expecting a 'BCM day'.


accuweather.com



Again, many thanks to everybody who has donated! There is still time to donate (after LEL, I will never ever ask again).

4 comments:

Kris said...

Ik zal je volgen, zoals de reporters op de moto's van de Tour!xxx

Anonymous said...

We zullen niet weg te slaan zijn van twitter!
meim en peip

Kris said...

Een zwaarlijvige man moest een berg beklimmen in the Lake district en hij zag dat niet zitten.De coach zei: expect the worst scenario, de rest is bonus.
zit iets in hé.Het is een manier om te willen je grenzen te verleggen, om je doel te bereiken.Maar ik denk dat je dat al wist hé...maar we leven zo mee,vooral het mentale aspect is nu belangrijk.Bon courage!!!xx

Chillmoister said...

Hi Els ...i will try and speak to you in the next couple of days but jsut in case i don't I just want to wish you the very best of luck for the 'big one' starting this weekend. I know you have the metal and physical strength to succeed and it has been an absolute delight to do so much riding with you! I'll look out for the any twitters and will send you motivational texts! may the bees be with you :-)