Monday 22 June 2009

The Deans 300 and the Poor Student 200 PERMS

Next Sunday/Monday will be my last big push before LEL. I am going to similate day 3 and 4, and ride a very hilly 300 (3900m climbing compared with 3467m LEL climbing on day 3) followed by a 200 (2000m climbing compared with 1190m LEL climbing on day 4). Its almost like a 600, but with some sleep in between (I hope!).

I can get the train to Oxford on Saturday evening and stay in the youth hostel. On Sunday I'll start riding at 4:45 and set off again the following day at 7:20. Good luck to my room mates!

I've been given a wonderful cycling book written by the one and only Eddy Merckx (thank you meim!) where I saw the ergo handlebars I now want! Lets see if Prologue Cycling can help me out - just need to find time to get to the shop. You'll read LEL advise, and its all about minimising discomfort. Hands and feet take their toll. For my feet I'm going to revert to my racing shoes, and for my hands .... extra tape or maybe an ergo bar (please be in stock!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pleased the book by Eddy Merckx comes in useful. We will be thinking of you at the we, and the candle will burn. Meim and Peip

Kris said...

'k zou 'k ik toch ook een klein apoteekske meenemen wi, vb een beetje biofenac voltarengel,dafalgan,primperan, immodium om kleine acute ongemakskes snel te verhelpen.
allez, 'hope da je goeie benen hebt van' t weekend!!dada xxx